Private Client Solicitor/ CILEX - Mixed caseload - reporting to partner
Based in Taunton Somerset
No Agencies Please
Department: Private Client
Taunton Solicitors are seeking an experienced and passionate Private Client Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive (CILEX)
We are looking to appoint an experienced Private Client Solicitor/ CILEX to deal with Wills, Trusts, Probate, Estate Planning, Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection matters.
To be successful in this role, you will possess a minimum of 1 years PQE (working towards STEP qualification an advantage). As a Private Client lawyer you will manage your own caseload, advising clients on a range of Private Client issues.
The successful candidate will have a hands-on role with great support and career prospects as a specialist Private Client lawyer within a strong department. You will have experience and technical knowledge of will drafting, estate planning, trust and estate administration and drafting complex documents.
The firm can offer a competitive salary, excellent quality work and a strong support structure.
Additionally you will be willing to promote the firm and your department and be enthusiastic about attending networking events and other relevant promotional activities.
Salary: Depending on experience range £25,000 to £38,000
Required Personal Qualities – Managing Yourself
• Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
• Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
• Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
• Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
• Delivers work output to the required standard, meeting required billing targets.
• Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
• Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports the firm’s plans and policies.
Working with People
• Demonstrates an ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
• Operates effectively as part of a team.
• Willing to offer help to colleagues to ensure the success of the firm.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and good decision making when dealing with problems.
• Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
• Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
• Checks that information is accurate and complete.
• Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
• Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
• Willing to ask questions, listen to others’ views and accept advice.
• Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
• Polite and courteous both by telephone and face to face.
Experience Required is Essential
• 1 to 3 years Qualified Solicitor Private Client / Chartered Legal Executive or similar level of knowledge gained through a longer period of experience.
• Practical experience of working in a legal office environment post qualification.
Please send your Covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org