01823 351122 [email protected]

Complaints Procedure

Concerns over your transaction

If you wish to discuss any aspect of the transaction we are handling or any account received with which you are not satisfied or if you believe that a mistake has been made, then we shall do our best to resolve your concern. Please contact the head of the relevant department in the first instance and provide a copy of your complaint to our Office Manager ([email protected]).

Any complaint will be acknowledged immediately in writing and we shall aim to resolve all stages of the complaint fully within 28 days.

If matters cannot be resolved at the first stage, then the complaint may be referred on for further investigation and action. In that event, the next stage is to contact one of our partners, namely:- 

Bruce Leyland 2 Tangier Central, Taunton, TA1 4AP (telephone 01823 351122)

email: [email protected] or

Victoria Osborne 2 Tangier Central, Taunton, TA1 4AP (telephone 01823 351122) 

email: [email protected]

Please send a copy of your complaint to our Office Manager – email: [email protected]

When to report to the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Reporting an individual or firm to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)

You should report the matter directly to the SRA if you think the firm or anyone regulated by the SRA working within our firm has breached an SRA Principle.  To report directly to the SRA please Click Here.

There are some issues the SRA do not investigate. However, they always consider allegations of dishonesty or discrimination.

If your concern is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can refer the dispute to:-
Legal Ombudsman PO Box  6167, Slough SL1 0EH (Tel: 0300 555 0333, [email protected]) or

Pro Mediate UK Limited, Brow Farm, Top Road, Cheshire WA6 6SP (Tel: 01928732455, [email protected])

If you wish to proceed with your complaint, you will need to contact the Legal Ombudsman or Pro Mediate UK Limited within twelve months of the last contact with your legal adviser relating to your concerns or complaint.

In non contentious matters you can apply to the Court for an assessment of our bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. Your rights are set out more fully in the Solicitors (Non Contentious Business) Remuneration Order 2009.