Assisting you at every stage
Each estate administration is different and the cost will depend on the individual circumstances of each new matter. We will provide an indication of our fees at our initial meeting and once we have details of the assets and liabilities involved we will be able to give you a better idea of the fees involved.
We deal with a variety of estates ranging from the simple to high value complex estates.
A simple estate is one where, for example:
- there is no issue as to the validity of the Will;
- it does not contain complicated or unusual provisions;
- there are only a few bank or other accounts;
- there is only a limited number of beneficiaries; and
- no inheritance tax is payable
A complex estate is one where, for example:
- there is a Will with complicated or unusual provisions;
- there are numerous accounts, investments, or shares;
- there are significant liabilities;
- there are many beneficiaries;
- trusts are created;
- there is inheritance tax to calculate and pay-
- there is property to manage;
- there is a dispute in relation the the Will’s provisions; or
- there are claims being made against the estate.
The fee quoted and charged will reflect the nature of the assets and the simplicity or complexity of the estate.
A further consideration is whether or not Inheritance tax has to be paid. A Grant of Representation or Probate will not be granted until any tax due is paid or arrangements are made for the tax to be paid. In any event, one of two inheritance tax forms has to be completed to establish if no tax is payable (form IHT205) or if tax has to be paid (form IHT400).
Every estate is different, so it is always better to speak to us for an estimate based on your specific circumstances. Our fees for Estates Administration will be a fixed quoted sum, calculated by reference to the size of the Estate, number of assets, beneficiaries etc.
Please feel free to call a member of our team for an initial discussion about your requirements (free of charge).